- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (1)
Zycolchin (Colchicine 0.5 mg)
What is Colchicine (Zycolchin)?
Zycolchin is an anti-gout agent which is used to prevent Gout attacks and Familial Mediterranean Fever. It should be started at low doses and increased gradually. It is not recommended in patients with a known history of kidney and liver disease. Zycolchin is a Tablet manufactured by Zyndus Cadila Health. We also have in stock Zyrik 100 mg Tablet which is used to treat the same indications.
What is Colchicine 0.5 mg Prescribed for?
Colchicine 0.5 mg is used in the Treatment of gout, which is a type of arthritis characterized by pain and inflammation of joints.
- Familial Mediterranean Fever
Zycolchin 0.5 mg Tablet is used in the Treatment of Familial Mediterranean Fever, which is an inherited condition characterized by recurrent fevers and painful inflammation of your abdomen, chest, and joints.
How Does Zycolchin Work?
Colchicine 0.5 mg reduces inflammation by preventing the movement of granulocytes to the inflamed area. Thus, it reduces swelling, pain, and other symptoms of gout.
What Precautions need to take Before using Colchicine Tablets?
- Useful precautions to be taken while using Zycolchin 0.5 mg Tablet
- Do not take Zycolchin Tablet if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Take plenty of fluids daily while on this medication.
- Take this medication at the fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid grapefruit juice during the Treatment of this medication as it may increase the serum concentration of colchicine.
- Alcohol use is not desirable when the treatment with Zycolchin 0.5 mg Tablet.
What are the Side Effects of Tablets?
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The following side effects may happen with this medicine:
Fever and chills, headache, aching muscles (flu-like symptoms) and generally feeling unwell, bleeding in the lips, eyes, mouth, nose or genitals.
A severe allergic reaction which causes swelling of the face or throat.
Zycolchin Tablet is taken by mouth by consuming it completely with enough water. Do not chew and break the medication.
Store at room temperature. Protect from sunlight and moisture. Keep away from children.
In case of a missed dose, skip the same, and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
Q. Does Zycolchin Tablet cause frequent urination?
Colchicine 0.5 mg is not known to cause frequent urination. However, if you feel any such symptom while using the drug, inform your doctor.
Q. How does Zycolchin 0.5 mg Tablet work?
Zycolchin 0.5 mg Tablet works by decreasing inflammation by preventing the movement of granulocytes to the inflamed area. Thus, it reduces swelling, pain, and other symptoms of gout.
Q. How often can I take Zycolchin 0.5 mg Tablet?
Zycolchin 0.5 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
Q. Can I take Zycolchin 0.5 mg Tablet with antibiotics?
Prior consultation to your doctor is recommended for the right antibiotic therapy while you are on Colchicine 0.5 mg.
Why Buy Zycolchin 0.5 mg from AllDayGeneric?
- Low prices: We sell prescription medications at low prices. A free medical consultation is included with every prescription.
- Total privacy: We always kept your information strictly confidential.
- Convenience: You won’t need to wait in long Queue at the pharmacy, because your medications will be delivered directly to your door.
- Authenticity: We only sell authentic Zycolchin 0.5 mg, manufactured by Zydus Cadila Pharma. A valid licensed Indian pharmacist dispenses all medications sold by AllDayGeneric.
|Country of Origin||
Zydus Cadila Pharma
10 tablets in 1 strip