- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (1)
Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drop (Phenylephrine and Tropicamide)
Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drop makes the pupil of your eye larger and relaxes the muscles in your eye. These things make it easier for your eye to be examined, and your vision tested.
Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drop (Phenylephrine and Tropicamide) can also be prescribed during the treatment of a condition called anterior uveitis. This is a painful eye condition caused by an infection within the eye,ear. By making your pupil larger and relaxing the muscles in your eye, it reduces pain and allows the inflamed part of your eye to rest and recover.
Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drop Uses?
Phenylephrine and Tropicamide hydrochloride is used to produce mydriasis and cycloplegia for refraction. Phenylephrine usually is preferred over atropine for such use because Tropicamide has a more rapid onset and shorter duration of action related to atropine.
Phenylephrine and Tropicamide hydrochloride 0.2% and phenylephrine hydrochloride 1% is used to produce pronounced mydriasis with little accompanying cycloplegia for ophthalmologic examination; this combination may be particularly useful for providing maximal mydriasis during the examination of patients with retinal detachment.
Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drop Side Effects?
- blurred vision, tunnel vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights;
- Severe burning or redness of your eyes;
- Dry mouth or nose decreased sweating;
- Fever, skin rash, flushing
- Constipation, little or no urinating;
- Fast heartbeats
To produce mydriasis and cycloplegia for refraction in adults, 1 or 2 drops of a 0.5, 1, or 2% Phenylephrine and Tropicamide solution may be instilled into the eye(s) approximately 40-50 minutes before the procedure; if necessary, a second dose may be instilled in 5-10 minutes. In adults with darkly pigmented irides, more doses or use of the 2% solution may be needed. Although recovery from mydriasis and cycloplegia usually occurs within 24 hours, 1 or 2 drops of a 1 or 2% pilocarpine solution instilled onto the eye(s) may reduce recovery time to 3-6 hours in most patients.
Before using Phenylephrine and Tropicamide eye drops?
• If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any eye drops.
• If you usually wear contact lenses.
• If you have been told you have a higher than normal pressure in your eye, or if you have glaucoma.
• If you are taking or using any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are available to buy without a prescription, as well as herbal and complementary medicines.
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q. What is Tropicacyl Plus eye drops used for?
This medication is used before eye examinations. It belongs to a class of drugs known as anticholinergics. Phenylephrine and Tropicamide works by temporarily widening the pupil of the eye and relaxing the muscles of the eye.
Why Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drop from AllDayGeneric?
- Low prices: We sell prescription medications at low prices. A free medical consultation is included with every prescription.
- Total privacy: We always kept your information strictly confidential.
- Convenience: You won’t need to wait in long Queue at the pharmacy, because your medications will be delivered directly to your door.
- Authenticity: We only sell authentic Tropicacyl Plus Eye Drop, manufactured by Sunways India Pvt Ltd in India. A valid licensed Indian pharmacist dispenses all medications sold by AllDayGeneric.
|Country of Origin|
Phenylephrine / Tropicamide
Eye examination, Uveitis
Sunways India Pvt Ltd
5 ml in 1 bottle
Phenylephrine (5%w/v) + Tropicamide (0.8%w/v)