Free shippingON ALL ORDERS ABOVE $199 (On Cart Value)
Toba Eye Drop (5ml)
$13.00 – $47.00
|Toba Eye Drop (5ml)|
|3 Bottle/s||$13.00||$4.33 /Piece|
|6 Bottle/s||$25.00||$4.17 /Piece|
|12 Bottle/s||$47.00||$3.92 /Piece|
- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (0)
Toba Eye Drop (Tobramycin eye drops)
Tobramycin eye drops is used as an injection for treating bacterial infections of the skin, heart, stomach, brain, spinal cord, lungs, and urinary tract (bladder and kidneys). It is also used in the treatment of cystic fibrosis. In the form of eye-drops, it can be used to treat eye infections.
How it works?
Toramycin ophthalmic is an aminoglycoside antibiotic produced by bacteria Streptomyces tenebrarius. It acts by blocking protein synthesis in bacterial cell, causing disruption of the cell envelope and eventual cell death.
Tobramycin side effects
Sore throat, Chest pain, Loss of appetite, Headache, Noisy breathing, Tongue ulcer, Hoarseness of voice, Increased sputum production, Liver toxicity, Oral fungal infection, Coughing up blood, Dizziness, Dry eye, Thoracic pain, Rash, Shortness of breath, Increased saliva production, Gastric pain, Mouth ulcer, Nausea, Fungal infection, Chest tightness, Weakness, Cough, Hearing loss, Ringing in ear.
• Toramycin ophthalmic Don’t use Tobramycin eye drops if you are allergic to it or any other component in the formulation.
• Driving and using machinery should be avoided in cases where Toramycin ophthalmic usage causes dizziness or eye drops cause blurring of vision.
• Don’t mix or dilute your Tobramycin eye drops with any other medicine in your nebulizer.
• If you are taking several different treatments for cystic fibrosis, you should take them in the following order: bronchodilator (e.g. salbutamol), then chest physiotherapy, followed by inhaled medicines, and then Toramycin ophthalmic.
• Do not use contact lenses when on treatment with Tobramycin eye drops.
• If you are using more than one eye drop, keep a gap of at least 5-10 minutes between two different eye drops.
• Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: neuromuscular disorders such as parkinsonism, myasthenia gravis (characterized by movement disorders and/or muscle weakness); coughing up blood in your sputum; kidney problem.
• Inform your doctor if you have ever experienced in the past: ringing in ears, any other problems with hearing, dizziness while taking Toramycin ophthalmic.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Is Tobramycin eye drops a sulfa drug or penicillin antibiotic?
No. Toramycin ophthalmic is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used to treat Pseudomonas infections and other serious infections in patients (6 years and older) with cystic fibrosis.
Q. Does tobramycin treat styes, Pseudomonas, pink eye, staphylococcus and methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Tobramycin eye drops combination can be used to cure pink eye and styes, which are superficial eye and eyelid infections. Toramycin ophthalmic treats Pseudomonas infections however it is not drug of choice in the treatment of staphylococcus or MRSA.
Q. Is Toramycin ophthalmic safe for infants?
No. Due to high propensity for kidney and internal ear damage, Tobramycin eye drops shouldn’t be given to infants.
Q. Is Tobramycin eye drops over the counter?
No. Toramycin ophthalmic belongs to schedule H and can be obtained only on production of valid prescription.
Q. Is Tobramycin eye drops the same as ofloxacin Eye drops?
No. Tobramycin and Ofloxacin belong to different class of antibiotics, and are used to treat different sets of infections.
We provide only general information about medications which does not cover all directions, possible drug integrations, or precautions. Information at the site cannot be used for self-treatment and self-diagnosis. Any specific instructions for a particular patient should be agreed with your health care adviser or doctor in charge of the case. We disclaim reliability of this information and mistakes it could contain. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage as a result of any use of the information on this site and also for consequences of self-treatment.
|Country of Origin|
Bacterial infections of the eye
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
5 ml in 1 bottle
Tobramycin (0.3% w/v)