Free shippingON ALL ORDERS ABOVE $199 (On Cart Value)
- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (3)
Tiotropium bromide inhaler (Tiova inhaler) this is the drug that is involved in making breathing easier for the people suffering from, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder. This medicine is intended for the oral inhalation only with the help of an inhalation product. Tiotropium bromide inhaler is an anticholinergic bronchodilator that relieves the discomfort caused by COPD i.e. chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (chronic bronchitis and emphysema).this medicine is however not recommended for use in acute exacerbations. The drug is administered using a Handihaler inhalation device. Tiotropium comes in a capsule formulation.
Tiova inhaler is used to relieve breathlessness in patients suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; long standing lung disease that causes shortness of breath and coughing).
Tiotropium bromide inhaler is an anticholinergic agent. It works on smooth muscles of the airways and inhibits the effects of a chemical called acetylcholine, thereby not allowing the airways to contract. This in turn opens the airways and makes it easier to get air in and out of the lungs.
You should not take this drug if you:
- Are pregnant, the doctor must be consulted in an urgency to take the medicine to avoid any harm to the fetus
- Hypersensitivity to Ipratropium or Tiotropium bromide inhaler
- Are younger than 10 years of age, as the safety of the medicine is not yet established in children
- Have any type of renal or hepatic impairment
- Having angioderma(swelling of lips, throat and tongue)
- Do not swallow the capsules as they are for inhalation purpose only. Following are the ways to take the medicine:
- Always check the mouthpiece before using, it should always be clean and dirt free
- Place the inhaler in and upright position and shake well
- Now empty your lungs by exhaling the air completely out of the lungs
- Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips
- Take a deep breath through your mouth and press the canister to get puff of the medicine
- Remove the inhaler and hold your breath for 10 seconds
- Now breathe out through nose
- Replace the cap and if needed take the second dose by repeating the steps as mentioned above.
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
Breathing difficulty or worsening of your breathing problems, Bilateral conjunctivitis, Dry mouth, Pounding heart beat, Wheezing or troubled breathing, Stuffy nose, nosebleed, Drowsiness
White patches in your mouth or throat.
In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them.
- What if you take too much (overdose)?
Too much Tiotropium bromide inhaler may be disturbing or serious in many cases. Due to the overdose of the drug you may have a fast or irregular heartbeat; dry mouth or blurred vision. In such a case visit nearest healthcare center or call your doctor.
- What if you miss the dose?
In case you forget to take the dose, take it as soon as you remember, as long as it is at least 12 hours before your next dose. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
Q. Is Tiotropium bromide inhaler safe in pregnancy?
Tiotropium bromide inhaler should only be used if the potential benefits justify the potential risk to the baby. Please follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Is it safe to use Tiotropium bromide inhaler during breastfeeding?
Tiotropium bromide inhaler should be given only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the infant. Please follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Is tiotropium a st***d, an opiate, anticholinergic?
Tiotropium is anticholinergic drug which opens the airways and makes it easier to get air in and out of the lungs, thereby relieving breathlessness. It doesn’t contain st***d components.
Q. Tiotropium bromide inhaler approved for asthma?
Tiotropium bromide inhaler has already been approved for asthma in EU (European Union), it is under review for approval in US. Tiotropium is available in India.
Q. Is tiotropium the same as ipratropium? Is tiotropium generic?
Tiotropium is not same as ipratropium. However, they belong to the same class, have the same mechanism of action, and act similarly to relieve breathlessness. Tiotropium is available in generic form.
Q. Does Tiotropium bromide inhaler cause weight gain?
Tiotropium bromide inhaler is not known to cause weight gain.
Q. Is tiotropium LABA/LAMA?
Tiotropium is not a long acting beta agonist (LABA). It is a long acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) which acts on muscarinic receptors on the smooth muscles of airways, opens the airways and makes it easier to get air in and out of the lungs, thereby relieving breathlessness.
|Country of Origin|
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), Asthma
200 MDI in 1 inhaler
Tiotropium Bromide (9mcg)