- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (1)
Novelon Tablets (Ethinyl Estradiol / Desogestrel) | Birth Control Tablets
Novelon Tablets for Birth Control
Novelon Tablets are a Combination of Ethinyl Estradiol and Desogestrel. This combination of hormone medication is used to prevent pregnancy. It contains two hormones: a progestin and an estrogen. It acts mainly by stopping the release of ovulation throughout your menstrual cycle. It also does vaginal fluid closer to improve stop sperm from arriving fertilization and changes the lining of the uterus to avoid the attachment of a fertilized egg. If a fertilized egg does not attach to the uterus, it passes out of the body.
Know about Novelon Tablets Uses, Dosage, How it works, Directions to take it, Warnings, Safety Advice, Precautions, Price and Side Effects. We also have in stock Femovan Tablet which is used to treat the same indications.
Uses of Novelon Tablets:
Ethinyl Estradiol is utilized to treat the loss of estrogen and the associated risks. The methods involve treatment of fractures in post-menopausal women, menstrual disorders, and underdeveloped ovaries. It is also accepted as a hormone replacement therapy. This medication is used to handle prostate cancer in men.
Desogestrel is a type of female sex hormone. It is a component of the oral preventive medicines used to prevent pregnancy.
How to Take Birth Control Tablets?
Take Novelon by mouth as instructed by your doctor, usually once daily. Choose a time of day that is easy for you to cherish, and take your pill at the same time each day. It is necessary to proceed to take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
What are the common side effects of Novelon Tablets?
The Usual side effects of Ethinyl estradiol are nausea, swelling, vomiting, headache, breast tenderness, burning sensation, heartburn, flatulence, constipation, abdominal or Breast pain, pain during periods, depression, mood changes, skin rash, skin redness, hair loss, vaginal burning sensation or discharge, altered libido, weight loss or gain.
The common side effects of Desogestrel are mood changes, vaginal bleeding, decrease in sexual drive, weight gain, acne, breast pain, headache, irregular or no periods, and nausea.
Safety Advice or Precautions Before Novelon use
- The patient who has undergone uterus removal surgery or has any problems of the uterus such as fibroids, cancer, etc. should consult the doctor before taking Novelon tablet.
- Patients taking Novelon treatment should support regular breast screening and cervical smear test.
- Inform the doctor in case of fertility or plan for pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- It is vital to take every dose of Novelon medicine because skipping even a single dose can get you pregnant in the situation of having intercourse.
- Avoid Novelon Birth control pill if an allergic reaction has been felt to any of its components during the previous use.
- Learn the pamphlet for information such as Birth Control Tablets dosage, uses, and side effects.
- The protection of this medicine is not known for use in children and teenagers aged below 18 years. So, they should consult a doctor before using this medication.
Q. What lifestyle changes should I make while taking Novelon?
Stop smoking and avoid alcohol; essentially, alcohol may worsen the drowsiness and calmness with Novelon.
Q. I am on Novelon Tablets. Will I gain weight?
Yes, there is a risk of weight gain or weight loss if you are taking Novelon (Birth Control Tablets).
Q. Do I develop breast cancer if I am using Ovuloc birth control pill?
You may be at risk of developing breast cancer. Regular screening of the breasts may help to reduce the risk by early detection in case of any abnormal changes in the breast tissue.
Q. Does Desogestrel offer protection against HIV infection?
Desogestrel does not protect from sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV or AIDS.
Q. Is it safe to drive after to take Desogestrel?
Desogestrel does not alter a person’s driving ability. Therefore, you may drive after taking this medication. Please examine how you react to the drug before driving.
Q. What if I forget taking a dose of Desogestrel?
Using the missed dose within 12 hours of forgetting can still offer stability from pregnancy. But behind that, the risk is high with intercourse, and you should maintain taking the next dose at its regular time along with extra contraception such as the use of condoms.
Why Buy Novelon Tablets from AllDayGeneric?
- Low prices: We sell prescription medications at low prices. A free medical consultation is included with every prescription.
- Total privacy: We always kept your information strictly confidential.
- Convenience: You won’t need to wait in long Queue at the pharmacy, because your medications will be delivered directly to your door.
- Authenticity: We only sell authentic Novelon Tablets (Birth Control Tablets), manufactured by Zydus Cadila Pharma. A valid licensed Indian pharmacist dispenses all medications sold by AllDayGeneric.
|Country of Origin|
Ethinyl Estradiol / Desogestrel
Contraception (Birth control)
MSD Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
21 tablets in 1 strip
Ethinyl Estradiol (0.03mg) + Desogestrel (0.15mg)