- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (0)
NICOTEX 2 MG
Buy Nicotex 2 mg, Nicotex is a nicotine gum that helps you quit smoking using the principle of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). A 12-week therapy programme using Nicotex will help you get back to life without dependence on nicotin
Nicotine is a nicotine gum that helps you quit smoking using the principle of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). A 12-week therapy programme using Nicotex will help you get back to life without dependence on nicotine.
Nicotex provides the nicotine that you normally get from cigarettes, but in a lower quantity than cigarettes. It allows your body to gradually adjust to having less nicotine until you no longer need any and, thus, helps you quit smoking.
Nicotine contains Nicotine Polacrilex, USP. Nicotex is available in two strengths: 2 mg and 4 mg. Nicotex is formulated keeping in mind the special taste requirements of the Indian palate. In order to best camouflage the strong taste of nicotine, Nicotex is available in Mint-Plus, Cinnamon and Paan flavours.
- Individuals smoking 20 or more cigarettes a day should use the 4 mg Nicotex gum, which needs to be prescribed by a physician.
- Individuals smoking 20 or less cigarettes a day should use the 2 mg Nicotex gum.
- Do not use more than 24 pieces of Nicotex in a day.
- If you have used more nicotine gums than recommended or, in case, a child has chewed or swallowed some, then contact a doctor immediately. The general symptoms of nicotine overdose include headache, sickness, diarrhoea and stomach pain.
Nicotine gums are medicinal gums and are not to be used the way most chewing gums are. The objective is to slowly release nicotine from the gum.
- If you are below 18 years of age.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking any other medicines, especially those containing Theophylline, Tacrine, Clozapine or Ropinirol.
- If you have other medical conditions such as uncontrolled high blood pressure, stroke, stomach ulcer, kidney or liver disease, heart or circulation problems, diabetes, allergic reactions, severe sore throat, inflammation of the mouth, overactive thyroid, or adrenal gland cancer.
- If you have had previous reactions to nicotine gums or other nicotine-containing products.
NRT contains nicotine, but without the harmful substances found in cigarettes1. NRT provides nicotine in a lower quantity than a cigarette. It allows your body to gradually adjust to having less nicotine until you no longer need any and, thus, helps you quit smoking.
The therapy comes in various forms such as nicotine gum, patches, lozenges, nasal spray, sublingual tablets, inhaler, etc.1Nicotine gum is the most preferred form of NRT among smokers when given the choice to select from among the various forms of NRT2.
Available globally since 19843, nicotine gum is available in India in 2 mg and 4 mg strengths.Nicotine gum is well suited for relief from acute smoking cravings3.Nicotine gum increases smoking cessation rates by 50–70%3.
Individuals who smoke 20 or less cigarettes per day should start with the 2 mg strength and those who smoke more than 20 cigarettes per day should start with the 4 mg strength. Nicotine gum 4 mg should be prescribed by a physician4.
Non-Nicotine Drug Therapy
Bupropion and varenicline are approved prescription drugs to help patients stop smoking1.
|Country of Origin||
9 chewing gums in 1 packet