- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (0)
Montair LC Kid
(Montelukast 4 mg + Levocetirizine 2.5 mg)
Montair belongs to a group of medicines called bronchodilators. It works by dilating (widening) your airways, by opening up the air passages in your lungs so that air can flow into your lungs more freely. For people with asthma this helps to relieve symptoms such as coughing, wheezing and breathlessness, particularly during night-time. Montelukast belong to a class of medicines called leukotriene receptor antagonist (anti-asthmatic drugs). It blocks the action of certain natural substances (leukotrienes) that are involved in causing asthma and allergies. It makes breathing easier by reducing swelling in the airways.
Awareness of your heart beating, Restlessness, Sudden painful muscle tightness, Trembling or shaking., Headache, Difficulty in sleeping, Gastrointesinal symptoms., And headache., Abdominal cramps, Hypersensitive reactions, Stuffy nose, Sleep walking.
Take Montair LC Kid shortly before bedtime.
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, thyroid disease, high blood pressure, heart disease, problems of liver or kidneys, family history of glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You should continue taking the medication after the start of treatment with bambuterol, even if the asthma symptoms diminish.
- If you have moderate to severely impaired renal function (GFR < 50 ml/min), it is recommended that the starting dose of Bambuterol should be halved.
- If you have severe asthma, you should undergo regular blood tests to monitor the amount of potassium in your blood.
- If you are suffering from diabetes, you may need additional medications for blood glucose control, due to the hypoglycemic effect exerted by bambuterol.
Consult your doctor as soon as possible if this medicine doesn’t relieve wheezing or chest tightness as well as usual, or for as long as usual, or if you need to use it more often than usual.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine.Caution is recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Q. Is Montair LC Kid safe during pregnancy?
Montair LC Kid can be taken during pregnancy if the benefit outweighs the risk.
Q. Is it safe to use Montair LC Kid during breastfeeding?
It is not known if Montair LC Kid passes into breast milk. Seek medical advice from your doctor before breastfeeding.
Q. What is Bambuterol Hydrochloride?
Bambuterol Hydrochloride is a prodrug of terbutaline (synthetic compound with bronchodilator properties, used especially in the treatment of asthma).
Q. What are the uses of montelukast/ Montek Lc/ Romilast?
Montelukast (also available as Montek Lc/ Romilast) is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-induced asthma.
Q. Is montelukast harmful?
Montelukast is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is montelukast gluten free?
Montelukast is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
|Country of Origin||
Montair LC Kid
Montelukast / Levocetirizine
Asthma prevention, Sneezing and runny nose due to allergies
10 tablets in 1 strip
Montelukast (4mg) + Levocetirizine (2.5mg)