- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (1)
Methimez 5 mg (Methimazole)
Methimez 5 mg Tablet (Methimazole) is used for the treatment of hyperthyroidism, a condition where the thyroid gland produces an excessive amount of thyroid hormones. It is also used to relieve the symptoms of hyperthyroidism before thyroid surgery or radioactive iodine treatment. This medication is a pro-drug, prescribed for hyperthyroidism.
What Methimez 5 mg is used for?
Methimazole is used to treat hyperthyroidism or overactive thyroid gland a condition where the thyroid gland produces too much thyroid hormone.
Ask your doctor if you have any questions about why this Methimazole 5mg has been designated for you. Your doctor may have prescribed it for another reason. This medicine is available only with a doctor’s prescription.
How Methimez 5 mg works?
Methimazole is used to treat hyperthyroidism or overactive thyroid gland. This medicine belongs to a group of medicines called anti hyperthyroidism agents. These medicines work by reducing the production of thyroid hormones. Methimazole 5mg as the active ingredient. It may also be used to prepare for the surgical removal of the thyroid.
Methimazole Side effects?
• Sore throat
• Mouth ulcers
• Yellow eyes and skin
Precautions for use Methimazole 5mg?
- If you are taking or have recently taken any other medications, including medicines obtained without a prescription, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- Methimazole passes into breast milk, so its use is contraindicated during breastfeeding.
- Methimazole will be used during pregnancy only on the advice of your doctor. If you discover that you are pregnant during the treatment, consult your doctor quickly, only he can adapt the treatment to your condition.
The missed dose should be taken as soon as possible. It is advisable to skip the missed dose.
A single high dose of Methimazole usually is asymptomatic and does not require specific treatment.
Q. Can Methimazole cure hyperthyroidism?
Methimazole called thionamides are a common treatment for an overactive thyroid. These stop your thyroid producing excess hormones. The main types used are Methimazole.
Q. What is the best treatment for hyperthyroidism?
Antithyroid Medications: Antithyroid medications prevent the thyroid from producing excess amounts of T4 and T3 hormones.
Radioactive Iodine: Your thyroid gland absorbs this oral medicine.
Surgery: The total or partial surgical removal of the thyroid is called a Methimazole.
Why Methimez 5 mg Tablet from AllDayGeneric?
- Low prices: We sell prescription medications at low prices. A free medical consultation is included with every prescription.
- Total privacy: We always kept your information strictly confidential.
- Convenience: You won’t need to wait in long Queue at the pharmacy, because your medications will be delivered directly to your door.
- Authenticity: We only sell authentic Methimez 5 mg, manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd in India. A valid licensed Indian pharmacist dispenses all medications sold by AllDayGeneric.
|Country of Origin|| |
|Dosage Form|| |
|Equivalent Brand|| |
|Generic Name|| |
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
10 tablets in 1 strip