Free shippingON ALL ORDERS ABOVE $199 (On Cart Value)
- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (0)
Listril 5 mg (Lisinopril 5 mg)
Listril 5 mg (Lisinopril 5 mg) is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension), prevention and treatment of heart attack (Myocardial Infarction) and heart failure; when heart is unable to pump sufficient blood. It is also used in patients of diabetes with kidney failure.
Listril 5 mg belongs to group of medicines called angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It acts by inhibiting production of chemical angiotensin II resulting in relaxation of blood vessels, and thus, reduces blood pressure.
Lisinopril 5 mg is an ACE inhibitor. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme. Lisinopril is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) or congestive heart failure. It is also used to improve survival after a heart attack. Lisinopril 5 mg may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to Lisinopril 5 mg or to any other ACE inhibitor, such as benazepril captopril, fosinopril, enalapril, moexipril, perindopril, quinapril, ramipril, or trandolapril.
If you have diabetes, do not use Lisinopril 5 mg together with any medication that contains aliskiren (Amturnide, Tekturna, Tekamlo, Valturna).
You may also need to avoid taking Lisinopril 5 mg with aliskiren if you have kidney disease.
You should not use this medicine if you have hereditary angioedema.
To make sure lisinopril is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
• kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis);
• liver disease;
• diabetes; or
• high levels of potassium in your blood.
If you have diabetes or kidney disease, you may not be able to take Lisinopril 5 mg if you are also taking aliskiren (Tekturna, Tekamlo, Valturna, Amturnide).
Do not use lisinopril if you are pregnant. Stop using this medication and tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant. This medicine can cause injury or death to the unborn baby if you take the medicine during your second or third trimester. Use effective birth control while taking Listril 5 mg.
It is not known whether Listril 5 mg passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
- Take Lisinopril 5 mg exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Drink plenty of water each day while you are taking this medicine.
- Lisinopril 5 mg can be taken with or without food.
- Your blood pressure will need to be checked often, and you may need frequent blood tests.
- Call your doctor if you have ongoing vomiting or diarrhea, or if you are sweating more than usual. You can easily become dehydrated while taking this medicine.
- This can lead to very low blood pressure, electrolyte disorders, or kidney failure while you are taking Lisinopril 5 mg.
- If you need surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are using lisinopril. You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time.
- If you are being treated for high blood pressure, keep using this medication even if you feel well. High blood pressure often has no symptoms. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects of Lisinopril 5 mg.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise, in hot weather, or by not drinking enough fluids. Lisinopril 5 mg can decrease sweating and you may be more prone to heat stroke.
Do not use salt substitutes or potassium supplements while taking this medicine, unless your doctor has told you to.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure), Hormone imbalance, Allergic reaction, Slow growth in children and teenagers, Cough, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Fatigue, Headache, Heartburn, Lightheadedness, Muscle cramp
Q. Is lisinopril a blood thinner, statin, diuretics, calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or maoi?
No, lisinopril is not a blood thinner, statin (lower cholesterol levels), diuretics (water pill), calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors (maoi). It is angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor.
Q. Can I take lisinopril with metformin, ibuprofen?
Lisinopril should not be given with metformin or ibuprofen. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use.
Q. Does lisinopril cause hair loss, erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, decreased heart rate, cough, insomnia, or weight gain?
Lisinopril may cause erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, or cough but it is not known to cause hair loss or weight gain. It can increase the heart rate. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Q. Can I take lisinopril without hydrochlorothiazide?
Yes, but as per your doctors advise only.
Q. Is Lisinopril 5 mg a generic drug?
Yes, Lisinopril 5 mg is a generic drug.
Q. Is Lisinopril 5 mg safe?
Lisinopril 5 mg is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
AllDayGeneric is a trusted online drugstore from where you can purchase all kinds of generic medicines at highly competitive prices. You can buy Lisinopril 5 mg online and assure maximum benefits.
|Country of Origin|
High blood pressure, Heart failure
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
15 tablets in 1 strip