Free shippingON ALL ORDERS ABOVE $199 (On Cart Value)
- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (0)
Lamivir Hbv 100mg (Lamivudine 100 mg)
Lamivudine indicated as part of antiretroviral combination therapy for the treatment of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infected adults and children and also used in the treatment of Hepatitis B virus infection.
Lamivir Hbv belongs to a class of medication called nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors. It decreases the amount of virus (HIV and hepatitis) in the blood. It also increases the number of infection fighting cells in the body (CD4 cells). It does not cure HIV completely but reduces the chances of getting acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and HIV related infections or cancer.
runny nose; rash or hair loss; fever; insomnia ., indigestion, nausea, diarrhea; cough, dizzy or tired; rash, joint pain, itching; hair loss; headache, stomach pain, muscle pain or discomfort; vomiting, Feeling weak
• Consult your doctor if you have diabetes and are using insulin.
• Patients receiving lamivudine therapy are always at a risk for infections and hence should report any such cases to the doctor.
• Consult your doctor if you take any prescription medication; Inform your doctor if you take other medicine for Lamivir Hbv treatment of HIV or hepatitis B infection, hairy cell leukemia [a type of blood cancer], or antibiotics for infection.
• lamivudine may rarely cause a serious side effect like lactic acidosis with symptoms such as pain or weakness of muscle, numbness or feeling cold in arms or legs, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, lack of breath, aberrant heart rate, dizziness, weak or tired feeling; hence, inform the doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
• It is possible to pass on HIV when on this medication and hence it is important to take necessary precautions to prevent HIV from spreading.
• Inform you doctor if you notice signs of change in the distribution of fat (lipodystrophy), erosion of bones (osteronecrosis), or inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis).
• If you are on lamivudine therapy it is important to use effective non hormonal method of contraception or condom so that a pregnancy can be avoided.
• Use with Lamivudine caution in pediatric patients with a history of pancreatitis or other significant risk factors for pancreatitis.
Q. Is lamivudine safe during pregnancy?
Lamivudine can be taken during pregnancy if the benefit outweighs the risk.
Q. Is it safe to use Lamivudine during breastfeeding?
HIV infected women should not breastfeed for the risk of passing the virus to the baby through the breast milk.
Q. Can Lamivudine cure hepatitis B?
Lamivudine (Lamivir Hbv) is used to treat hepatitis B but some patients may be resistant to this drug
Q. Can Lamivudine be crushed?
Lamivudine cannot be crushed but it can be broken into two parts to give it to children. Please go by the recommendation of the doctor.
Q. Can Lamivudine cause anemia?
Lamivudine may cause anemia as a side effect in some patients. Kindly consult your doctor in case any side effects are observed.
|Country of Origin|| |
|Dosage Form|| |
|Equivalent Brand|| |
|Generic Name|| |
HIV infection, Chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection
10 tablets in 1 strip