Free shippingON ALL ORDERS ABOVE $199 (On Cart Value)
- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (2)
Isokin 300 mg (Isoniazid 300mg + Pyridoxine 10mg)
Isokin 300 mg is an antibacterial drug which is used in the treatment of Tuberculosis and Inactive Tuberculosis. This tablet is a combination of two drugs: Isoniazid and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Isoniazid is an antibiotic which prevents the TB bacteria from forming their own protective covering. Pyridoxine is added to avoid nerve damage, which may be a side effect of Isoniazid.
Isokin (Isoniazid pyridoxine) is used as a first-line treatment of active Tuberculosis, along with other drugs. It is used as a monotherapy for the prevention of tuberculosis in patients exposed to the active disease.
Isokin 300 mg Tablet is a combination of two drugs: Isoniazid and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Isoniazid is an antibiotic which prevents the Tuberculosis bacteria from forming their own protective covering. This kills the bacteria and eradicates the infection. Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is added to prevent nerve damage, which may be a side effect of Isoniazid.
- Take Isokin tablets as long as recommended by your doctor. For best results, follow your guidelines provided by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush, or break it.
- Take this pill by mouth on an empty stomach with the help of water. Either take it 2 hours after the meal or take it 1 hour before the meal.
- Avoid Isokin 300 Tablet with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats, and some types of beer.
This is not an exhaustive listing of side effects. Please inform your doctor if you experience any adverse reaction to the medication.
- Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand)
- Increased liver enzymes
- Adults: The recommended dose for adults is 300 mg per day or 15 mg per kg 2 to 3 times weekly.
- Children: 10 to 20 mg per kg a day or 20 to 40 mg per kg two times weekly is the approved dosage.
Talk your doctor quickly if you are suspecting the symptoms of an overdose. In case of emergency, seek nearby medical care.
Try to take every dose of Isokin 300 mg at a fixed time daily. A missed dose can delay your treatment time to cure of the Disease. Take it as soon as you remember but Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose at the same time to make up for the missed one.
The medicine is to take for the entire period as directed by the doctor. It is good to take medicine at the same time each day. If it’s on a weekly basis, then it should be taken on the same day of the week. Stopping the medicine before the course is over or skipping the drug can result in the return of the infection again as the bacteria will grow back.
Isokin comprises of an active component Isoniazid, which works by inhibiting mycobacterial cell wall synthesis and interrupts the metabolism. It exerts a bacteriostatic and bactericidal action against susceptible mycobacteria.
- Low prices: We sell prescription medications at low prices. A free medical consultation is included with every prescription.
- Total privacy: We always kept your information strictly confidential.
- Convenience: You won’t need to wait in long Queue at the pharmacy, because your medications will be delivered directly to your door.
- Authenticity: We only sell authentic Isokin 300 mg, manufactured by Pfizer India Ltd at a plant in India. A valid licensed Indian pharmacist dispenses all medications sold by AllDayGeneric.
|Country of Origin|| |
|Dosage Form|| |
|Equivalent Brand|| |
|Generic Name|| |
Isoniazid / Pyridoxine
Pfizer India Ltd
10 tablets in 1 strip
Isoniazid (300mg) + Pyridoxine (10mg)