- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (4)
Galvus 50 mg (Vildagliptin)
Galvus 50 mg belongs to class of medications called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors. Vidagliptin works by making the pancreas produce more insulin and less glucagon. This helps to control the blood sugar level. This medicine has been shown to reduce blood sugar, which may help to prevent complications of diabetes.
Constipation, Cough, Dizziness, Headache, Increased sweating, Nasopharyngitis
Do not take this medication and consult your doctor if:
- You have type 1 diabetes or if you have serious complication of diabetes where high levels of blood acids called ketones are produced in your body (diabetic ketoacidosis).
- You are taking other antidiabetic drug known as a sulphonylurea, may cause low blood glucose (hypoglycemia).
- You have moderate or severe kidney disease, liver disease, heart failure.
- You are on dialysis.
- You have or have had a disease of the pancreas.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machines if you feel dizzy.
Q. Is vildagliptin safe?
Vildagliptin (also available as jalra) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. How is vildagliptin metabolized?
Galvus 50 mg is metabolized by the process of hydrolysis in kidney.
Q. Does vildagliptin cause weight gain?
Body weight usually does not change with vildagliptin therapy. However, consult your doctor, if you experience weight gain.
Q. Is Galvus 50 mg better than sitagliptin?
Vildagliptin and sitagliptin belong to same class of drugs and are equally effective and safe in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Is Galvus licensed with insulin?
Vildagliptin can be taken in combination with insulin when prescribed by doctor. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use.
AllDayGeneric is a trusted online drugstore from where you can purchase all kinds of generic medicines at highly competitive prices. You can buy Galvus 50 mg online and assure maximum benefits.
|Country of Origin||
Type 2 diabetes
Novartis India Ltd
15 tablets in 1 strip