- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (0)
Elina 10 mg (Mizolastine)
Mizolastine is used to treat symptoms of hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis). It is also used to treat allergic rhino conjunctivitis (chronic disorder in children with symptoms of nasal congestion and sneezing with general complaints of fatigue and cough) or urticaria/ hives (pale red, raised, itchy skin rash).
How it works
Mizolastine belongs to a class of drugs known as antihistamines. It blocks the effects of a chemical (histamine) which causes symptoms of allergy.
Common side effects
weakness and depression, decrease in white blood cells, muscle/joint pain., drowsiness, Dry mouth, low blood pressure, diarrhea, abdominal pain and nausea, dizziness, anxiety, rash, increased appetite associated with weight gain, fast heart rate and palpitations, hives and itching, Increased liver enzymes level, headache
• Mizolastine is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
• Caution to be exercised if you are an elderly patient, as it may cause drowsiness, fast or irregular heartbeat.
• Do not drive a car or operate machinery as it may cause dizziness /drowsiness.
• Do not consume alcohol while taking mizolastine as it may increase dizziness or headaches.
• Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is It safe in pregnancy?
Mizolastine should not be used in pregnancy or by those who plan to become pregnant as it is highly unsafe for the growing baby.
Q. Is it safe to use mizolastine during breastfeeding?
Mizolastine is not safe for the baby and should not be used by women who are breastfeeding.
Q. What is It used for?
Mizolastine is used treat symptoms of hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis) and other allergic reactions causing irritation of the eyes and nose. It is also used to treat allergic rhino conjunctivitis or urticaria /hives (pale red, raised, itchy skin rash).
|Country of Origin||
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
15 tablets in 1 strip