- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (2)
Cognitol 5 mg (Vinpocetine)
What is Vinpocetine (Cognitol)?
Cognitol 5 mg contains Vinpocetine as an active ingredient which is used to treat dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and cerebrovascular disorders.
Vinpocetine is a human-made chemical resembling a substance found in the periwinkle plant Vinca minor. People use it as medicine. We also have in stock Donep 10 mg which is used to treat the same indications.
When Cognitol Tablets Prescribed?
Cognitol 5 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of dementia, cerebrovascular disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, Stroke, and Dementia in Parkinson’s disease.
How Does the Cognitol Work?
Vinpocetine works by increasing cerebral blood flow and oxygen utilization. Thereby improves the symptoms of dementia.
It is not recognized accurately how Cognitol works, but it might improve blood flow to the brain and give some protection for brain cells (neurons) toward injury.
How to Use Vinpocetine 5 mg Tablet?
Cognitol Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
For treating memory and thinking disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease: 5-10 mg of Vinpocetine three times daily.
What are the side effects of Vinpocetine 5 mg?
No severe side effects have been reported in any of the clinical trials.
The common side effects of Cognitol 5 mg Tablet include a small drop in blood pressure, dizziness, and increased heart rate.
What Precautions need to take before using Vinpocetine?
- Do not take this 5 mg tablets if you are allergic to this drug.
- Cognitol 5 mg Tablet may cause dizziness in some patients. Avoid driving and working heavy machinery under such a condition.
- Before using This Tablets, notify your doctor about your pre-existing diseases, current list of medications and health conditions such as low or high blood pressure, etc.
- Take this medicine at the fixed dose and duration as advised by your physician.
- Prior discussion to the doctor is advisable before consuming alcohol during the treatment with this medicine.
Store this medicine at room temperature. Protect from sunlight and children.
Q. How does Cognitol 5 mg Tablet work?
Cognitol 5 mg Tablet works by increasing cerebral blood flow and oxygen utilization. Thereby, it improves the symptoms of dementia.
Q. How often can I take Vinpocetine 5 mg Tablet?
Vinpocetine 5 mg Tablet should be taken at a fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
Q. Can I take Cognitol 5 mg Tablet with food?
Yes, This Tablet is recommended to be taken with food.
Why Buy Cognitol 5 mg from AllDayGeneric?
- Low prices: We sell prescription medications at low prices. A free medical consultation is included with every prescription.
- Total privacy: We always kept your information strictly confidential.
- Convenience: You won’t need to wait in long Queue at the pharmacy, because your medications will be delivered directly to your door.
- Authenticity: We only sell authentic Cognitol 5 mg, manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. A valid licensed Indian pharmacist dispenses all medications sold by AllDayGeneric.
|Country of Origin||
Alzheimer's disease, Stroke, Dementia in Parkinson's disease
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
10 tablets in 1 strip