- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (0)
Cetcip L 5 mg (Levocetirizine 5 mg)
levocetirizine 5 mg is used to treat symptoms of allergic conditions such as allergic fever (hay fever), year-round allergies like dust or pet allergies and chronic nettle rash.
How it works
Levocetirizine belongs to a group of medications called antihistamines. It acts by blocking a natural substance (histamine) that is produced in the body during an allergic reaction.
Common side effects
Common: dry mouth, Abdominal and stomach pain, And diarrhea., And vomiting, Common: drowsiness, Excessive tiredness
Use levocetirizine 5 mg with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
It is best to take the drug at bedtime as it can make you drowzy.
• Do not take levocetirizine 5 mg if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to levocetirizine.
• Take special care with levocetirizine and follow the advice of your doctor: if you suffer from epilepsy or
are in any risk of having fits. if you suffer from kidney failure, because you may require a lower dosage.
• Tell your doctor if you are taking drugs like antidepressants; medications for anxiety, mental illness, or
seizures; ritonavir; sedatives; sleeping pills; theophylline; and tranquilizers, as it may worsen the side
• Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-
• levocetirizine 5 mg can cause drowsiness. Avoid engaging in hazardous occupations requiring complete mental
alertness such as driving or operating machinery when taking.
• Do not take alcohol with cetirizine, as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is levocetirizine/ LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet an over the counter?
No.Levecetirozine (also available as LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet) is not an over the counter medication. Prescription from your doctor is always required.
Q. Is levocetirizine 5 mg gluten free?
Yes.levocetirizine is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
Q. Is levocetirizine safe in pregnancy and during breastfeeding?
Levocetirizine is not safe during pregnancy or lactation. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Is levocetirizine 5 mg a decongestant?
Levocetrizine is used to relieve runny nose; sneezing; and redness, itching, and tearing of the eyes caused by hay fever, seasonal allergies, and allergies due to other substances.
|Country of Origin||
10 tablets in 1 strip