Free shippingON ALL ORDERS ABOVE $199 (On Cart Value)
- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (1)
Calaptin SR 240 mg (Verapamil 240 mg) Tablets
Calaptin SR 240 is a medicine used for treating hypertension (high blood pressure), angina (heart-related chest pain), and arrhythmia. It works by relaxing the blood vessels. Verapamil 240 mg is used to rapidly or temporarily restore normal heartbeats in people with certain heart rhythm disorders. Verapamil Brand Name is Calan. It consists of the drug Verapamil and is manufactured by Abbott India Pvt Ltd. Know About what is Verapamil, how to Verapamil work, how to use, Verapamil side effects, drug class, dosage, and price. We also have in stock Verapamil 240 mg tablet and Calaptin SR 240 mg which is used to treat the same indications.
What is Calaptin SR 240?
Calaptin SR 240 (Verapamil 240 mg) belongs to a group of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It functions by resting the muscles of your heart and blood vessels and used mostly for the treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure, and certain types of heart rhythm disorders. Verapamil Tablet is used to rapidly or temporarily restore normal heartbeats in people with certain heart rhythm disorders.
What is Calaptin SR 240 Tablet used for?
Calaptin SR 240 Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension, angina pectoris, and supraventricular arrhythmias. It is used to manage and prevent angina.
How To Calaptin SR 240 Tablets Work?
Calaptin SR 240 is a calcium channel blocker. It works to relax your blood vessels and enhance blood flow, which helps to lower blood pressure. Verapamil 240 mg medicine acts by inhibiting the influx of calcium ions into the smooth vascular cells. This prevents the contraction of the cardiac muscle, thereby dilating the coronary and systemic arteries. Thus, it reduces blood pressure.
How to Take Calaptin SR 240?
The dosage and the medicine form depend on the age, weight, and medical situation of somebody. Take Calaptin SR 240 Tablet as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the medication with food inhibits stomach upset.
Calaptin SR 240 Side Effects:
Some Common Side Effects of Calaptin SR 240 are reduced,
The Following are the severe Side Effects, and you may need prompt medical attention:
• Increased sweating
• Paleness of skin and eyes
• Chest pain
• Skin reactions
• Sleep disturbances
This is not a Full list of Side Effects, and others may occur. Please consult your physician to know more about other possible Side Effects.
If you miss a dose of Calaptin SR 240, take it as soon as you remember. Don’t take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body, which can be harmful.
In case of an overdose of Calaptin SR 240, get emergency medical attention, or call the doctor immediately. Overdose may result in a slow heartbeat or fainting.
Precaution of Calaptin SR 240:
• Avoid using the medication if you are allergic to Calaptin SR 240 medicine or similar drugs.
• Avoid using alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of Verapamil.
• Do not stop using this medicine abruptly unless notified by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the disease to return.
• Do not surpass the dose more than what is prescribed.
• Be cautious while taking Calaptin SR 240 if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
• You are advised not to take Verapamil if
• It has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
• The foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discoloration.
Q. Is Verapamil safe?
Yes. Verapamil is relatively safe if taken in a prescribed dose for a specified duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Does Verapamil 240 Tablet affect heart rate?
One of the side-effects of Calaptin is slow heart rate. If you notice such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
Q. Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Calaptin SR 240 Tablet?
It is advised to monitor your blood pressure, heart rate, ECG and liver function test periodically while taking Calaptin SR 240 Tablet.
Why Buy Calaptin SR 240 from AllDayGeneric?
- Low prices: We sell prescription medications at low prices. A free medical consultation is included with every prescription.
- Total privacy: We always kept your information strictly confidential.
- Convenience: You won’t need to wait in long Queue at the pharmacy, because your medications will be delivered directly to your door.
- Authenticity: We only sell authentic Calaptin SR 240 mg Tablet, manufactured by Abbott India Pvt Ltd. at a plant in India. A valid licensed Indian pharmacist dispenses all medications sold by AllDayGeneric.
|Country of Origin|
Chest pain (Angina), Arrhythmias
Abbott India Pvt Ltd
10 tablets in 1 strip