Free shippingON ALL ORDERS ABOVE $199 (On Cart Value)
- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (3)
Aricep 23 mg (Donepezil 23 mg)
Buy Aricep 23 mg (Donepezil), Alzil (donepezil 230 mg) improves the function of nerve cells in the brain. It works by preventing the breakdown of a chemical called acetylcholine (ah SEET il KOE leen). People with dementia usually have lower levels of this chemical, which is important for the processes of memory, thinking, and reasoning. Alzil is used to treat mild to moderate.
donepezil 23 mg is used to treat the symptoms of dementia (which includes increasing memory loss, confusion and behavioral changes) in people diagnosed as having mild and moderately severe Alzheimer’s diseas.
donepezil 23 mg belongs to a group of medicines called acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. Donepezil increases the levels of a substance (acetylcholine) in the brain involved in memory function by slowing down the breakdown of acetylcholine.
Donepezil is used to treat mild-to-moderate dementia caused by Alzheimer’s disease. It is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor that reduces the breakdown of a compound called acetylcholine in the brain. This, in turn, improves cognitive processes of thinking, learning and memory, as well as patient function in Alzheimer’s disease. This medicine may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
- Before taking donepezil 23 mg, tell your doctor if you have a heart rhythm disorder such as “sick sinus syndrome” (slow heartbeats), an enlarged prostate, urination problems, asthma, obstructive pulmonary disease, or a seizure disorder such as epilepsy.
- If you need to have any type of surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are taking Aricep.
- Aricep can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
- You should inform your doctor in advance before taking Donepezil Alzheimer’s medication (Aricep, Donep) if you have any of these conditions: heart disease, a heart rhythm disorder, urination problems, stomach ulcers or bleeding, asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a seizure disorder, asthma, kidney disease, or liver disease.
- Immediately stop using donepezil 23 mg medication and seek medical attention if you experience chest pain, low heart rate, bloody stools, coughing up blood, reduced urination, weakness, confusion, extreme thirst, or hot or dry skin.
There are several drugs which can interact with donepezil 23 mg. Notify your doctor about all medications and related products (OTC vitamin pill, herbal products and others) which you may be using prior to taking this medication.
If you are scheduled for a surgery, you may be required to suspend taking Donepezil for a short period. Let your surgeon know well in advance that you are taking this medication. Donepezil may impact your thinking capabilities and reflexes. So take extra care while indulging in activities that require a high degree of mental awareness and thinking such as driving.
- donepezil 23 mg is a FDA pregnancy category C drug. This medication may be harmful to unborn baby if taken while being pregnant. Notify your doctor of you pregnancy or any plans to become pregnant. It is not known if donepezil 23 mg can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Do not take this medication without asking a doctor if you are breast feeding a baby.
- Dosing In Mild To Moderate Alzheimer’s Disease
The recommended starting dosage of donepezil 23 mg is 10 mg administered once per day in the evening, just prior to retiring. The maximum recommended dosage of Aricep in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease is 10 mg per day. A dose of 10 mg should not be administered until patients have been on a daily dose of 10 mg for 4 to 6 weeks.
- Dosing In Moderate To Severe Alzheimer’s Disease
The recommended starting dosage of Aricep is 23 mg administered once per day in the evening, just prior to retiring. The maximum recommended dosage of Aricep in patients with moderate to severe Alzheimer’s disease is 23 mg per day. A dose of 10 mg should not be administered until patients have been on a daily dose of 10 mg for 4 to 6 weeks. A dose of 23 mg per day should not be administered until patients have been on a daily dose of 10 mg for at least 3 months.
- How should I take Aricep (Donepezil)?
Take donepezil 23 mg Alzheimer’s medication (Aricep, Donep) strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Your doctor may occasionally change the dosage to get the maximum benefit out of the medication. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over.
Donepezil is normally taken at bedtime. Take the normal oral tablet with a full glass of water. Always store Donepezil medication in a cool and dry place.
- What is the recommended dosage of Donepezil?
The dosage of donepezil 23 mg prescribed to each patient will vary. Always follow your physician’s instructions and/or the directions on the prescription drug label.
- What if you miss a dose of Donepezil?
If your physician has instructed or directed you to take Donepezil medication in a regular schedule and you have missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double the doses unless otherwise directed.
- What if you overdose on donepezil 23 mg?
Any medication taken in excess can have serious consequences. If you suspect an overdose of Donepezil, seek medical attention immediately. Some of the overdose symptoms of this drug are sweating, convulsions, vomiting, severe nausea, slow heartbeat, and muscle weakness.
Like other medicines, Donepezil can cause some side effects. If they do occur, the side effects of donepezil 23 mg are most likely to be minor and temporary. However, some may be serious and may require the individual to inform the doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
It is pertinent to note that side effects of Donepezil cannot be anticipated. If any side effects of Donepezil develop or change in intensity, the doctor should be informed as soon as possible.
donepezil 23 mg can cause side effects such as loss of appetite, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, insomnia, tiredness, muscle cramps, and drowsiness. Some of the serious side effects of this drug are black stools, convulsions, depression, vision problems, and slow/irregular heartbeat. This is not a complete list of all side effects. Do concur with your doctor and follow his directions completely when you are taking Donepezil.
- Is it possible for me to take Donepezil with other drugs?
- Should certain beverages, foods and other products be avoided when I take Donepezil?
- What are the possible drug interactions of Donepezil?
- How will donepezil 23 mg work in my body?
- How should Donepezil be taken?
- How to reduce the risk of Donepezil drug interactions and side effects?
Some drugs can interact with donepezil 23 mg. Let your doctor know in advance if you are already using any of these interacting drugs: erythromycin,
galantamine, paroxetine, antifungal medicine like ketoconazole or others, rivastigmine, atropine, belladonna, scopolamine, bladder or urinary medicines such as darifenacin, flavoxate, oxybutynin or others, bronchodilators such as ipratropium or tiotropium, irritable bowel medicines such as dicyclomine, hyoscyamine, or propantheline, ulcer medications like mepenzolate or glycopyrrolate, or NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, celecoxib, naproxen, or others.
The list of drugs mentioned here in this guide is not a complete one and there may be other interacting drugs. Share the list of all present medication which you may be using with your doctor. Never start a new medication on your own.
- Do not take donepezil 23 mg, if you are allergic to donepezil hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid using donepezil hydrochloride, if you are breastfeeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: stomach or duodenal ulcers; seizures (fits) or convulsions; heart condition (irregular or very slow heart beat); asthma or other long term lung disease; liver problems or hepatitis; urine or mild kidney disease.
- Do not use donepezil 23 mg if you are pregnant.
- donepezil 23 mg is not intended for use in children and adolescents younger than 18 years.
- Donepezil hydrochloride should not be taken with alcohol because alcohol may change its effect.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
Q. What is donepezil 23 mg/ what is donepezil hydrochloride used for/ what does donepezil hydrochloride do?
donepezil 23 mg belongs to a group of medicines called acetylcholinesterase inhibitors and is used to treat the symptoms of dementia (which includes increasing memory loss, confusion and behavioral changes) in people diagnosed as having mild and moderately severe Alzheimer’s disease.
Q. Does donepezil Hcl work?
Donepezil hydrochloride does work, but its effectiveness can be different based on individual response.
|Country of Origin|| |
|Dosage Form|| |
|Equivalent Brand|| |
|Generic Name|| |
Alzheimer's disease, Dementia in Parkinson's disease
Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
10 tablets in 1 strip