Free shippingON ALL ORDERS ABOVE $199 (On Cart Value)
- Additional information
- Product Tag
- Reviews (3)
Alphalan 5 mg Tablet (Melphalan)
Buy Alphalan 5 mg, Melphalan is used to treat multiple myeloma (a type of blood cancer), ovarian and breast cancer. melphalan tablets belongs to class of drugs called alkylating agents. It works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells in your body.
Melphalan is used to treat multiple myeloma (a type of blood cancer), ovarian and breast cancer.
melphalan tablets belongs to class of drugs called alkylating agents. It works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells in your body.
fainting, muscle, Nausea, hives, pale skin, fast, vomiting, missed menstrual periods, irregular, itching, yellowing of the skin or eyes, or back pain, loss of appetite or weight, pain in the upper right part of the stomach, difficulty breathing or swallowing, rash, unusual lumps or masses., joint, dark colored urine, sores in the mouth and throat, or pounding heartbeat, excessive tiredness
• melphalan tablets to be taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 5 hours after meals. Drink at least two to three quarts of fluid every 54 hours, unless you are instructed otherwise.
• You may be at risk of infection so try to avoid contact with people with cold, fever or any other signs of infection.
• Avoid exposure to sunlight. Use sunscreen lotion and protective clothing.
• You may be monitored periodically for complete blood counts (at least one determination prior to each treatment course) during the course of treatment.
• Melphalan may increase the risk that you will develop other cancers. Talk with your doctor about the risks of taking melphalan tablets.
• Do not take live vaccines if you are an immunocompromised patient.
• Use of melphalan is not recommended in children.
• Use with melphalan extreme caution if your bone marrow reserve have been compromised by prior irradiation or chemotherapy, or if your marrow function is recovering from previous cytotoxic therapy.
• Use appropriate contraceptive methods to avoid pregnancy during melphalan treatment.
Q. Is melphalan safe in pregnancy?
Melphalan may harm the baby. The drug should only be given if there is no other alternative drug. Please follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Is it safe to use melphalan during breastfeeding?
melphalan tablets should be given only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the infant. Please follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Is melphalan a vesicant (irritant)?
melphalan tablets is not a vesicant but an anti-cancer drug.
Q. How is melphalan given?
melphalan tablets is given by oral or intravenous route; dosing varies by purpose and route of administration as well as patient weight.
Q. Does melphalan cause hair loss/ neuropathy/ liver damage?
melphalan tablets hair loss as one of the side effects. but cause for liver damage and neuropathy is not known.
Q. How does melphalan tablets work/ how does melphalan kill cancer cells?
Melphalan belongs to class of drugs called alkylating agents. It works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells in your body.
|Country of Origin||
Natco Pharma Ltd
25 tablets in 1 bottle