Albalon Eye Drop
(Ketotifen eye drops) is used to treat allergic rhinitis (running nose), Allergic
conjunctivitis (irritation and redness in the membrane covering the eye), red itchy eyes due to allergies like hay fever (allergic inflammation of mucus membranes of the eyes and nose causing running nose and watery eyes) and to minimize the frequency and severity of asthma attacks.
How Albalon Eye drop works
Ketotifen is an anti-allergic drug that belongs to a class of medication called mast cell stabilizers. It works by inhibiting the release of allergy-causing chemicals called histamines in body by mast cells.
Ketotifen eye drops side effects
irritability, nervousness., Eye irritation, punctate keratitis ; excitation, eye pain
Expert advice for Albalon Eye drop
- Remove soft lenses from your eyes before instilling ketotifen eye drops (Albalon Eye Drop) and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting lenses.
- Keep a gap of at least 5 min before applying some other medicinal product.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machineries as Ketotifen may cause blurred vision or drowsiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while on ketotifen treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking medicines for depression or allergy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions of Albalon Eye drop
What is ketotifen used for?
Q. Is ketotifen safe in pregnancy?
Albalon Eye Drop should only be used during pregnancy if the potential benefits justify the potential risks to the baby. Please follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Is it safe to use Albalon Eye Drop during breastfeeding?
Ketotifen eye drops can be used during breastfeeding, Albalon Eye Drop and syrup should be given only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the infant. Please follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Is Albalon Eye Drop available over the counter? Is ketotifen eye drops legal?
Albalon Eye Drop are available over the counter. Albalon Eye Drop available only with doctor’s prescription. Ketotifen is legal and available worldwide in many countries.
Q. Is Albalon Eye Drop addictive? Is ketotifen eye drops safe?
Ketotifen is not addictive. Albalon Eye Drop is safe if taken as prescribed. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor.
Q. Does ketotifen cause weight gain, make you sleepy, or drowsy?
Ketotifen eye drops can cause weight gain, can make you sleepy and drowsy.
Q. How long does Albalon Eye Drop take to work? How long does ketotifen last?
Generally ketotifen eye drops takes 15 min to work and lasts up to 5-8 hours. Albalon Eye Drop takes about 2-4 hours to work and lasts up to 22 hours.